At this time, our clinic remains open and is operating under regular business hours Monday, Tuesday Wednesday Friday from 8 to 5:30, Saturday 9:30 to 12:00.
Angel Fire Small Animal Hospital is fortunate to be able to continue full operations in order to care for your furry family members. We are, however, strongly encouraging certain measures to limit social contact so that we can continue to care for your pets:
• Video conferencing (Telemedicine) is available in lieu of a physical trip to our hospital. Simply call the hospital and request a Telemedicine appointment. These appointments will be done at the same price as a regular office visit, $45.00
• For established clients (patients examined within the last 1 year) you may also do a phone consultation at a reduced rate of $32 per consultation. Patients that have not been examined within the last year will have to do a video conference or a physical exam to establish a valid patient/DVM relationship.
• If you would like to bring your pet into the hospital to be examined for an illness or injury and treated by our veterinary staff, we encourage you to drop off your pet. The doctor will call you when they have been able to examine your pet and establish a treatment plan.
• When dropping off your pet(s) for examinations and surgery, we are happy to meet you just outside the front door. The front door will be locked. We will open it for each person one at a time. You can knock on the door if we don’t see you right away. We can take payment over the phone and bring your pet out to you when they are ready to go home.
• We would like as few people as possible to enter our reception area. So for short visits like wellness exams and vaccines, nail trims etc., we would prefer it if you would knock at the front door (if we haven’t already seen you and started to help you), and a staff member will go outside, briefly get a history of how your pet has been doing and then take your pet inside for treatment. If you insist on coming inside, that’s okay; we will work with you, but we are trying to only have two clients at most in the exam rooms and/or reception area at a time. We ask anyone who enters the hospital to practice proper social distancing including no physical touching, appropriate hand washing and keeping 6 to 10 feet distance from others in the clinic.
• Please be sure to call ahead for appointments and please don’t be early or late for your appointment as we don’t want a lot of people arriving at the same time. For food sales and prescription refills please call ahead so we can prepare your order and meet you just outside the door to give you your products. We can tell you the cost over the phone and take a credit card for payment or you can write a check or give us cash when you come to get your food or medicine. We have implemented increased cleaning and sanitizing measures.
While the CDC and other health authorities have indicated that dogs, cats, and other domestic animals are not considered at risk for contracting COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the health and safety of humans within our facilities— notably our clients and staff. Keeping our practice "hospital-clean" has always been a priority for us, and we continue to do so. Additionally, for the safety of our team and your family, we are monitoring CDC recommendations and will continue to increase our attention to cleaning frequency and methods accordingly. We are happy to provide options for hand cleaning for both clients and team members, and we work closely with our staff to ensure that anyone who is not feeling well understands that we support them staying home. To our customers:
• If you are feeling ill or experiencing flu-like symptoms and have an upcoming wellness (not critical) appointment, we kindly ask that you call us to reschedule.
• If you are healthy with no signs of illness and want to accompany your animal in our hospital please practice social distancing including no physical touching, appropriate hand washing and keeping 6-10 feet of distance from others in the clinic.
• If your pet requires urgent care or has a medical emergency, and you are ill, please arrange for a trusted friend, neighbor, or healthy family member to transport your pet to our hospital. If you call ahead, we will gladly accommodate your representative and make appropriate arrangements.
We appreciate your business and your patience during this time, and we hope you understand the measures we are taking are to protect all of us.
Susan Gaffney, DVM and the staff of Angel Fire Small Animal Hospital